Check out some of our customer pictures here
As you can see from the movie, this sandbox has been designed so you can configure it to fit your needs. What makes a great sandbox? In my opinion, there are two mandatory criteria. The sandbox has to have a cover and there has be enough room for family, friends and toys. This will be where the kids play outdoors for years to come so you want to do it right! For the ultimate sandbox, purchase these building plans which include all five stations of the Adventure Sandbox; The Sandbox, Toy Box, Sandbox cover, Water Station and Shade and Mist System.
Building experience is helpful when deciding wither or not to install The Adventure Sandbox yourself. You will need a couple of weekends or around 30-40 hours to complete this project depending on your building expertise. For non-experienced builders you can contact me if you need any questions answered. The Adventure Sandbox will cost around $1400 to install all five stations. (All 5 stations are included in this download. Save big on this bundle download!)
The play area in The Adventure Sandbox measures 8 ft x 8 ft x 18 in deep. There is seating around the perimeter of the sandbox making it easy for adults to join in the action without getting sandy. The seats also overlap the sides of the sandbox to help contain the sand. The sandbox is constructed of interlocking Cedar timbers which are very durable and chemical free making it safe for skin contact providing for years of play and enjoyment. Stock cut lengths have been considered wasting minimal materials and all screw construction makes this build quick and easy. Estimated cost to build: $400
Give your kids essential accessibility to their sand toys! The Toy Box measures 2′ x 6′ x 16″ and has two lids for easy access. You can fit a lot of toys in this storage area. The Toy Box is designed to be accessed from ground level; the lids open toward the center of the sandbox. This cuts down the reach distance to the bottom of the storage box which will help prevent accidents. The toy box lids open 80 degrees and are counterbalanced with springs to help prevent pinched fingers while allowing toddlers to have easy access to their toys without the assistance of an adult. The toy box lids also double as steps for younger kids, and are designed to be strong enough to support adults. Estimated cost to build: $250
This sandbox cover utilizes a reel system to easily cover and uncover the sandbox. The cover is secured with six elastic cords and hooks to provide for easy operation. As you can see from this video, a 2 year old can easily operate this system. Any debris that has collected on the tarp will fall off the back as you reel it in, leaving the sand in perfect condition. The sandbox cover can be tailored to fit most square sandboxes under 9 1/2 feet in width. Featured news article here. Estimated cost to build: $200
The Water Station is one of my kids’ favorite features of the sandbox. A self-closing faucet is used to operate the Water Station to prevent water from continually running. An underground water hose connects to your outdoor faucet to provide the water to the station. The faucet is perfect for filling buckets and washing toys, hands, and feet and can provide hours of entertainment. Buy these plans and find out how you can add a memorable feature such as a hand or foot print to this location. Featured news article here. Estimated cost to build: $175
Make your sandbox feel and look cool! Not only will this station help prevent harmful uv rays and sunburn, the mist system can make the heat feel up to 20 degrees cooler! Six easily installed mist nozzles are located around the upper perimeter and are controlled by a valve allowing you to decide when the time is right. Designed to fit an 8 ft x 8 ft sandbox, this system is somewhat adaptable if you are considering installing it on an existing sandbox. Finally, you souther folk can be almost as cool as us Michiganders! Featured news article here. Estimated cost to build: $250
I have done the research and planning for you to save your valuable time and money. Purchase your plans today so you can bring some excitement to your backyard!
After your purchase you will be emailed a receipt with instant downloadable access to:
- PDF Drawings and assembly instructions fully detailing each station and the steps required during build.
- Parts list with hyperlinks to the components designed into the plans which saves you valuable research and planning.
- Lumber layouts showing cuts required for the timbers you purchase.
- Your download link will be active for 48 hours.
- Each set of plans contains a parts list, this information is intended to be a guide. The locations and pricing shown for each part is for your reference and are subject to change by the supplier.
- These do-it-yourself sandbox plans do not include lumber or hardware.
- Refunds will not be granted for this digital download content. SANDigz is happy to provide you with these detailed and useful instructions, but we cannot anticipate all of your working conditions or the characteristics of your materials and tools, nor can we guarantee the successful outcome of your project. We stand behind our products and will assist you in solving problems, but we also expect you to adequately understand what you are purchasing and why.
- Keep in mind, use of the plans/specifications is with our permission; any plans downloaded from www.SANDigz.com are for your use only and are not to be provided to any other party. The plans/specs are for that specific project and are not to be used in connection with any other project.